Insurgent (Divergent #2) Teasers

"My dear girl, I am his family. I am permanent. You are only temporary."

"Before I chose Dauntless...I felt assured of my long lifespan, if nothing else. Now there are no reassurances except that where I go, I go because I choose to."

He kisses me again, more insistent this time, his hands squeezing my waist. His breaths, his body, my body, we are so close there is no difference.

"Did you just call me BEATRICE?"

"You look older.""Yes, well, the passage of time tends to do that to a person."

I point at a window to my left, and it explodes. Particles of glass rain over us. "You'll have to do better than that," I say.

Caleb runs up to me and folds me carefully in his arms. I breathe a sigh of relief. I thought I had gotten to the point where I didn’t need my brother anymore, but I don’t think such a point actually exists.

Source: Divergent Facebook page

Comments