His Reverie by Monica Murphy

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.

The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine.
----------
First line:
I'm not good enough for her.
And I know it. 
----------
Source:
ARC from author
----------
Release Date:
 July 28, 2014
----------
Rating:
5 Daydreams out of 5
----------
From the very beginning, you can feel Nick's desperation and desolation. You feel his pain without even knowing what it is. Monica does a perfect job of presenting his feelings just in the prologue. I was caught up in it form the beginning. I haven't read anything so well written as to compel that kind of emotion in so few pages.

Occasionally interspersed in between the chapter narrated by Nick are entries from Reverie's diaries. It presented a stark difference between the two characters. Nick is jaded and guarded. Reverie is open and innocent. I loved how two such different people could fall for each other. The only thing I wanted more of is seeing them connect and talk about stuff. Most of the book talked about discovering the physical part of their relatioship and alluded to the emotional and mental connection.

The ending was !!!! Gah!! I didn't realize there was going to be a sequel as I was reading it, but I'm so glad there is going to be because I need to know what happens to the two of them!! I can't wait for August!!

Barnes&Noble  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads  |  Monica Murphy

Comments